In case it is necessary to sell your business or a part of it, or you are planning to merge with another company, or your company wishes to tap the Ukrainian market, or increase the number of its assets – the lawyers of MVP Legal Group are ready to provide you with an all-round legal support. Legal support of mergers and acquisitions deals is one of the most complex, but also thoroughly studied of our practices.
After the Ukrainian business has entered the global market and following numerous “crisis” and “post-crisis” events, the requirements for perfect clearness and accuracy of the mergers and acquisitions' transaction have grown dramatically. The quality of the documents prepared for the M&A deals with taking into account all the details of legislation has become one of the most important requirements to the legal consultants supporting such processes. Besides, nowadays the legal consultants do not only have to develop and coordinate documents, they also evaluate possible risks thanks to their profound economic knowledge. After the evaluation has been done, lawyers protect their clients from undesirable events with the help of documentary instruments.
Our lawyers are ready to advise you on M&A deals from the moment of initiation of a project up to the closing of the transaction and coordination of after-transaction issues. We are offering a complete spectrum of services for structuring and implementation of such projects, which includes legal due diligence, legalization and legal support for the transfer of ownership for corporate rights, tax planning.
Among the services, which we offer, are the following:
- consulting the Client on the effective legislation of Ukraine regulating the matters of mergers and acquisitions;
- legal analysis of the structure of mergers and acquisitions of the companies, analysis of risks and their consequences;
- development of the optimum scheme for companies’ mergers and acquisitions;
- holding legal due diligence of an enterprise on the stage of preparation for a merger or an acquisition;
- advice on the scheme of the transaction, suggesting draft agreements;
- receiving necessary permits and agreements of state authorities for mergers and acquisitions;
- development of protection strategies of the rights of the company and its shareholders from aggressive acquisitions;
- representing the interests of the Clients in the negotiations on mergers and acquisitions, legal support during conclusion of an agreement.
Moreover, our firm is offering complex analysis and prepares plans for restructuring whole groups of companies, which strengthens the effectiveness of such groups. Restructuring in such case means reorganization of legal and operational business-models of the companies both as a result of M&A transactions and with the purpose of increasing their investment attractiveness. Restructuring of a business also enables a pre-sale preparation and selling non-core business units.